At Lix Toll we have our own state of the art authorised MOT bay for Class IV, V and VII tests
The MOT test checks that your vehicle meets road safety and environment standards.
When to get an MOT
You must get an MOT for your vehicle by either:
- The Third anniversary of its registration
- The anniversary of its last MOT , if it’s over 3 years old
What you need to know:
- An MOT lasts for a year. The date it runs out is printed on the last pass certificate
- You can get an MOT earlier, but the MOT renewal date for the following year will be different.
- The MOT text reminder service finished in August 2014. You’ll be sent one more reminder if you registered in the last 12 months
Passing the MOT
If your vehicle passes the MOT:
- You’ll get an MOT certificate from the test centre
- it will be recorded in the MOT database
- Mileage reading
The MOT certificate will show the mileage recorded at the current and previous 3 test passes. This is shown as the ‘odometer reading and history’.